This has been an amazing month of blogging for me. I am excited to have made it to the finish line. I completed a total of 25 posts in the month of October and I am really proud of myself. I have quite a few takeaways that I want to share but first let me recap the purpose of my “31 Days of Transforming My Temple” blog series. At the beginning of this series I said that “This 31 day challenge will set the course for the rest of my life.” My goal was to begin a journey to transforming my temple which is my body. My desire is to walk with Jesus learning to become balanced in body, mind, soul and spirit. So let’s recap my original goals:
The following were the steps I committed to taking:
- Each day I will pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me in my food choices. – Need to work on this
- I will be transparent and accountable to the sisters that God has appointed to walk with me at this time. – Done!
- I will support my decision with walls of grace and mercy. Should I fall into temptation and veer off the course set before me I will grab hold of grace and mercy, repent, receive forgiveness and continue moving forward. No turning back, no quitting. This is a lifetime journey not a diet.- Done and ongoing!
- I will move my body. I will begin to exercise at a slow pace even if it’s just 5 minutes a day increasing each day as I build endurance and stamina. – Need to work on this
I also committed to the following for the 31 days of October:
- Green Smoothies for breakfast and healthy meals for lunch and dinner. – Quit on day 2 or 3
- No sweets – meaning no cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. – Nailed it! Yesss!
- 3 liters of water per day – Nailed it! Yesss!
- Up to 30 minutes of exercise 6 times a week. Starting slowly at 5 minutes and increasing each day until I’m at 30 minutes which will then be the minimum daily goal. – Need to work on this one
Now here are the small victories that I shared on day 19:
- It has been over two months since I drank soda and I now drink upwards of 3-4 liters of water a day.
- It has been 19 days since I have eaten any type of desserts or sweets. Now 31 days!
- I have been transparent with my accountability partner for 19 days. Now 31 days!
- I released 4 pounds that I don’t plan on getting back Woo Hoo
My weight loss for the month was 4.2 lbs. I went from 374.6 to 370.4. I weigh in on Thursdays so I did not weigh myself today so I will settle for the loss of 4.2 lbs as being the final for the month. I don’t want this to be about a number on a scale because that is what contributed to my downfalls in the past. Yes I will watch the number but I will not make any goals now or in the future on how much weight I want to lose in a specific time frame. Many people would disagree with that but I know myself and I would rather focus on bringing the spiritual into the physical as I follow Jesus and walk with Him on this transformation journey.
Takeaways related to the writing challenge with write31days:
- I can write every day! Or at least almost every day.
- I can be bold and courageous to share transparently the things I am learning in this transformation journey.
- I can only be victorious by focusing on Jesus and letting Him lead the way.
- I love the blogging community.
So what’s next?
Well the “31 Days of Transforming My Temple” blog series has now come to an end. But the transformation journey continues. I will be writing about this journey as the Lord leads. I can’t say that it will be every day at this point but I know that if I am learning how to live balanced in mind, body, soul and spirit by bridging the gap between the spiritual and the physical, then I know that others will be encouraged as well. I believe the Lord gives us revelation to share with others. It’s a wonderful thing to be able to be on a journey with like-minded people who are moving towards the same goals. I have met some really great people along the way and I look forward to meeting new friends as time passes.
It has been an absolute pleasure to have you along with me on this 31 day journey. Before you leave I just want to bless you with these words from Numbers 6:24-26:
“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”’